Regular meetings are important to manage internal teams and to inform and engage external stakeholders. They are the preferred means of communication at work for information sharing and cohesion building. Team meetings also serve to make joint decisions and to accelerate change.
As everyday occurrences, meetings help to move projects forward, think through problems and anticipate risks. They also reveal team members’ ideas and expose their concerns. Leading meetings well and drawing out all the potential they carry is an essential management and communication skill.
This training provides highly relevant examples, best practices and exercises of team meetings in one day.
- Types of meetings: objectives and functions (introduction, review, decision, evaluation, lessons learned)
- Invitations, agenda, time management
- Agreement on procedure and rules of conduct
- Organisation of participation: guest lectures, expert opinions, questions for problem discussion
- Presentation, discussion and decision phases
- Managing the knowledge input of the participants
- Communication styles
- Leadership styles
- Use of participative and collaborative techniques
- Dealing with latent or overt conflicts in the meeting
- Notes and protocols
- Face-to-face and online meetings
- Optimising meetings in your own organisation
- Facilitating team meetings effectively and efficiently
- Using different instruments to run meetings on-site and online
- Structuring the agenda and the staff contributions to the meeting
- Managing the phases of the meeting, the presentations, discussions, and decision-making sections
- Using appreciative language: deliver praise and thanks elegantly
- Understanding and integrating socio-cultural differences in regional and international meetings
Rich and flexible training design: theoretical input, discussions, reflection and sharing of experience, role-plays and simulations, practical exercises.
Evaluation of training impact:
- Short-term impact: at the end of the training
- Long-term impact: 3 months after the training
Evaluation of acquired knowledge:
- Self-evaluation with a skills inventory
- Questionnaire at the end of the training
Certificate: EUROBOGEN certificate of participation
- No pre-conditions
- Audiences: Team leaders or managers responsible for organising and leading departmental, transversal and remote meetings.