Working life is surrounded by demands, constraints and potential sources of stress; on the other hand, it is also filled with numerous chances for effective communication, advance-ment of projects, clear administration of routines and actions towards positive results. In order to best utilise, prioritise and benefit from such opportunities, one skill proves to be essential: excellent time management.
This seminar provides methods and practical tools to manage multi-tasking and operational complexity with logic, consistency and flexibility. It is about following up agendas with discipline but also forecasting time to be reactive in actual situations. The training is especially designed for persons who are particularly busy and are also responsible for the results of others and thus of multiple time-performance equations.
Working time is also placed in a broader context of life; it is very important to create a balance with other aspects such as family, friends, health, and time to “just be”.
- Economic value of time in any organisation
- Metaphors for time as resources (mines, banks, trade)
- Accounting for your time
- “The compass and the clock”
- Linearity and circularity of time
- Complexity and chaos inherent to time (gaps, unforeseen, disruption)
- Programming business events and prioritising them
- Managing the time of others
- Managing work relations that are typically time-hungry
- Understanding time as a resource
- Opening “time accounts” and managing these like expenditures, assets and investments
- Managing yearly, monthly, weekly and daily schedules according to retro-scheduling
- Selecting appropriate software or tools for time management
- Helping others to manage their time
- Developing a psychology (attitude, behaviour, discipline, openness, flexibility) that supports efficient and effective time management
Rich and flexible training design: theoretical input, discussions, reflection and sharing of experience, role-plays and simulations, practical exercises.
Evaluation of training impact:
- Short-term impact: at the end of the training
- Long-term impact: 3 months after the training
Evaluation of acquired knowledge:
- Self-evaluation with a skills inventory
- Questionnaire at the end of the training
Certificate: EUROBOGEN certificate of participation
- No pre-conditions
- All audiences