Resilience is the capacity of a person or a community to resist to the shocks of life and to bounce back despite unsettling events.
In order to develop resilience, this training takes a “competence approach”. Various resilience models focus on psychological, social and practical skills that reinforce one another systemically. These capacities enable a person, a group or a region to access their own resources, face challenges and come out stronger from demanding situations.
Resilience is a key competence today. In this seminar, participants will learn about the characteristics of resilience and the many tools that put it to action.
- Sources of knowledge and references on resilience
- Current developments in neurosciences as regards resilience and stress management
- Systemic models with key skills to become and stay resilient
- Building one’s own toolbox of resilience with available and adaptable skills
- Important physical/physiological aspects (food, sleep, breath, exercise)
- Important cognitive/emotional aspects (memory, imagination, feeling, emotion)
- Psychological muscles of volition
- Important social aspects and the capacity to seek and offer social support
- Collective resilience
- Environmental resilience
- Resilience for teams, companies, economic sectors, regions and nations
- Planetary resilience.
- Defining and understanding the components of resilience
- Selecting and using the resilience skills that are appropriate to specific situations
- Drawing upon one’s inner resources in order to bounce back from tough events
- Managing one’s self-constructed resilience assets dynamically according to different contexts
- Extrapolating the competence of resilience at collective level and investing in socially shared support
Rich and flexible training design: theoretical input, discussions, reflection and sharing of experience, role-plays and simulations, practical exercises.
Evaluation of training impact:
- Short-term impact: at the end of the training
- Long-term impact: 3 months after the training
Evaluation of acquired knowledge:
- Self-evaluation with a skills inventory
- Questionnaire at the end of the training
Certificate: EUROBOGEN certificate of participation
- No pre-conditions
- All audiences