Life at work is sometimes spiced with problems, dilemmas, or conflicts. This is quite understandable. Yet these situations need to be managed well, both curatively and preventively.
Conflicts usually unveil interests that appear to be incompatible. There seem to be winners and losers, and tensions rise when decisions must be made quickly in an atmosphere of uncertainty.
The conflict-handling function is often performed by employee representatives or union representatives. Human Resources may also have one or more appointed or elected persons who are available to listen to those affected by conflict at work. Larger organisations have their own Ombudsman who deals with internal and external cases. This seminar teaches conflict management skills in organisational settings.
- Causes of conflicts and correlations between them
- Differences between conflicts, problems, dilemmas and crises
- Types of conflicts and their particularities in companies
- Mediation as a method for social development in organisations
- The mediation plan and its stages
- The profile of the mediator
- Conflict resolution between two people or parties (alone)
- Conflict resolution with the aid of mediation
- Behaviour, emotions, mental models
- Open-mindedness to see the conflict as an opportunity for growth
- Positive influence towards the solution
- Establishing an Ombudsman
- Anatomy of conflict: causes, components and mechanisms
- Divergent perceptions and distortions of facts
- Types and phases of conflict: escalation, crisis and recovery
- Problem or conflict? Task or people?
- Chain of cause and effect: logical and systemic approaches
- Roles and skills of the mediator: attitude, behaviour, facilitation skills, intervention model
- Roadmap to solution: processes and techniques
- Negotiation, compromise, transformation
Rich and flexible training design: theoretical input, discussions, reflection and sharing of experience, role-plays and simulations, practical exercises.
Evaluation of training impact:
- Short-term impact: at the end of the training
- Long-term impact: 3 months after the training
Evaluation of acquired knowledge:
- Self-evaluation with a skills inventory
- Questionnaire at the end of the training
Certificate: EUROBOGEN certificate of participation
- No pre-conditions
- All audiences